
Eek! Now that we have that established, today is moving day. I have my bags packed (it was an interesting feat!) How do you fit your life into 3 suitcases you ask? Well, you shove it in and sit on them to zip them up and hope to higher powers that they will not be too heavy for the plane. (see below)
So I am all packed up and ready to go (mostly) and I am flying out tonight at 9:30pm. My kind friend is driving me to the airport and off I go. I will be staying at a hotel in Thunder Bay (it has a waterslide!) for three days for an education conference before flying up to Webequie on friday.
I am going to be teaching grade 9, 10 and 11 English. Should be interesting because there will be no Shakespeare or Great Gatsby like I'm used to teaching, but instead Aboriginal content, lots of focus on literacy and writing skills. I have a 2 bedroom house to myself (pictures to come later) and I will be a two minute walk from the school I am told.
Can't wait to share more...updates from the hotel :o)
MISS LAKE! (Yeah, that's right kids)
Ps. Take my poll about how long i'll survive up North!
Also, if you would like to watch this video and cry because I'm leaving, feel free:
Safe journey honey! Can't wait for house pics.
ReplyDeleteMiss you already (you are upstairs right now).