In other community news, the infant that passed away a few weeks ago was laid to rest yesterday in the community. I didn't go to the funeral as I did not know the family and other teachers weren't attending. Also, it would have been entirely in OjiCree. Hopefully that will give some people some closure.
In happier news, I finally saw some Northern lights! In case you missed it on facebook..here is a picture.
I was actually in bed early that night (March 1) and my friend called me and left a message on my machine saying there were Northern lights going on. So I jumped out of bed and ran around my house looking for my winter gear. It was reaaaaaallllly cold on that night and even though I bundled up I felt like my face was going to fall off after about 10 minutes outside. I came back in and got three more calls telling me there were Northern lights (good friends up here!) so I went back out and they were even stronger. It was a good time to see them since it will start to warm up a tiny bit soon (come April) and you are far less likely to see them when it's warm.
Speaking of warm!!!!! it's now 5 sleeps till March Break and 6 till Jamaica. I prepared yesterday by packing my 3 cans of 60 SPF sunscreen and my big bottle of aloe vera gel. It's my goal to not get completely scorched, but it's good to be prepared! This week will either crawl by or it will be Friday before I know it. I'm hoping for the latter. Most of my students seem to already believe March Break started a week ago.
Still jealous that you get to melt next week...I was scraping ice off my balcony stuff today.
ReplyDeleteI think a postcard would be in order, one that says 'Wish you were here', whether you mean it or not.