Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The last of my Jamaica trip

Wednesday March 16. This was another beach day. We searched for shells, spent some time in the swim up bar and went tshirt shopping on the hip strip. Days like this made me never want to leave..so relaxing and amazing. I also went out to the tourist bar again to cut a rug...well, there aren't many rugs in Jamaica..mostly tile. But you bought a wrist band for all you can drink so needless to say, it was a good night.

Thursday March 17. The next morning we took a bus to Negril, about an hour outside of Montego Bay. After our death busride, we spent 3 hours on the 7 mile beach. It's famous for 7 miles of white sand and really clear, warm water. There was another Margaritaville there so we had lunch there and put in some serious tanning and picture taking time. After that they took us to Jamaican "Time Square" which was a small outdoor mall with a bunch of different shops with souvenirs. I bought some tshirts and Jamaican coffee here. To finish up our night we went to Rick's Cafe which is a huge bar/restaurant that overlooks the ocean on top of a cliff. There were professional cliff divers that jumped off a tree into the ocean below and then some tourists were doing it. I promised my Mom that I wouldn't jump off the cliff so we just sat and watched. We watched the sun set there and then headed back to the resort. I finished the night off with some drinks and dancing.

Friday March 18 was our last day. We did a glass bottom boat tour that took us a ways out into the ocean to see the coral reef and all the fish there. Our guide gave us bread to feed the fish, and I had my underwater camera, so I took some neat pictures of that. You can just imagine me, surrounded by fish, screaming Ah! Ah! AHHH! into my snorkel as they bite at my finger tips and eat the bread. Definitely an unforgettable experience. We headed back after that and had dinner and packed up. I spent the end of the night in the hammock staring up at the stars. Probably my favourite activity in Jamaica!

Saturday March 19 was full of getting up really early, waiting a really long time and flying a lot. I will spare you those details.

In closing, I really wish I had longer to stay there/could move there someday! I said this to the customs officer and he said "Ohhh, nooo...you couldn't handle summer. It's way too HOT!" And I say, That sounds like a challenge! Can't wait to go back again.

2 comments: