I was getting all my stuff ready, running around saying goodbye to everyone and making sure I was all good to go by 10:15 when I was to be picked up. I was. Except for Muffin. I had been letting her run around outside and play to get her energy out and so she could say goodbye to her friends *sniff sniff* Of course, just as I am ready to go, she is nowhere to be found. So me and my awesome colleagues (thanks guys!) are running around yelling her name, searching everywhere. I am starting to get hysterical because my flight time is getting closer and closer and I'm starting to think I'm going to have to leave her there. In the middle of all this, I fall in a hole and twist my ankle/sprain my foot, so now I am limping around trying to find her. FINALLY my friend yells over that she has found her. I run/hop back over and my ride comes back from the airport to get me. Muffin and I were fighting for the rest of the day but I sure am glad I found her! Little booger.
I was on the same flights as my friend Paula and she can attest to my pathetic limping around the airport. I could barely walk, so the westjet lady got me a wheelchair to wheel me onto the aircraft. It was especially embarrassing because it didn't appear as though anything was actually wrong with me, so I just looked really lazy. After almost dumping me out of my wheelchair and off a ramp that was 15 feet in the air, I got myself on the plane. After that, the trip was less eventful. My Dad and Grandpa met me at the airport to bring me home. My Dad was there with a "Teacher of the Year" sign, very sweet.
Thursday morning I took Muffin to the vet to get her last vaccination. Unfortunately, the little scab I found on her, which I thought was a bug bite, was some sort of deep hair follicle infection. So, almost $500 later, she has her vaccines, special shampoo, antibiotics, allergy medication, heartworm prevention and a very bad haircut. Poor little thing. The North is a rough place for a dog :( Today she is enjoying some sort of gross smelly bone I got for her at the pet store, so she is happy.
The next post I make will be Webequie: Revealed! For now though, I will leave you with a few hilarious photos. I put a box of free clothes outside for people to take before I left Web. The kids got into the clothes and this was the result: (What's better is that they went to the community dance wearing them)
Typical rez kids =D
ReplyDelete