Today's Webequirk is: Wake up call turkey
This morning I was awoken by loud banging on my door around 8am. I got up, disheveled and answered it. It was my boss asking me to cook a turkey for today's feast. It went like this:
Boss: (Laughing because I clearly just rolled out of bed) Karen can you cook a turkey for today's feast?
Me: Uhhh...I guess so? I don't really know how..
Boss: Well that's okay..you can just toss it in!
Me: Okay, what temperature? For how long? Do I have to take anything out of it?
Me: Okay, what temperature? For how long? Do I have to take anything out of it?
Boss: Ohh...I'm not sure? 300 maybe? Find me at lunch and I'll tell you. Or ask someone else. *Hands over frozen turkey*
Me: O..kay...
So, I cook the turkey. 350 for 3 hours. I even used a meat thermometer to make sure I wouldn't kill anyone with it. So I am attempting to "carve" it...aka hacking pieces off, when I realize there's a freaking neck/head in there and get sooo freaked out! Also, it appears there was some sort of bag of gross body parts I was supposed to take out, which I totally didn't and never opened for fear of what lay inside. Moral of this story? I need to find a husband who can cook. Or get a chef.
Thus ends my journey in Webequie. The graduation today was for the Kindergarteners, Grade 8's, Grade 12's and Post Secondary grads. It was a lovely ceremony, a delicious dinner and they even gave ME a send off with spectacular fireworks! At least that's what I'm telling myself for now. I have lots of little stories to share about these days and pictures to post, but those will all come later when I have more time. For now, I need to get to bed so I can be up bright and early to get ready to fly out tomorrow.
Goodnight from Webequie, for the very last time!
No comments:
Post a Comment