Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Webequirk 25

After posting my pictures of the dragon fly, I had two friends suggest to me that the dragon fly I showed was not all that big at all, standard size even. You know I hate to lie to you in my blog, so I must apologize. My city-born eyes have never seen them this big. I stand by the fact that there are a freakish number of them up here though!

Today's Webequirk is: Impossible naps. Webequie is one place where it is extremely difficult to nap. I was determined this afternoon, with my huge headache. I turned off the ringer on my phone, locked the doors and turned in. Soon after, I realized I'd have to figure out some sort of eye covering contraption since the sun is bright and bursting in at 6pm. After I figured that out, the kids came. They started knocking on my windows, doors, maybe even my roof? Can't be sure. I know for sure it was kids because no sane adult would knock on my door for 5 minutes and then every window of my house, seemingly all at once. Shortly after that there was a dog fight outside my house and then of course, Muffin started barking. She finally calmed down and I started to fall asleep and then this disembodied booming voice over a loud speaker started speaking in Oji Cree. Whaaaa? The Rapture?? Only the Natives are saved? Damn. And then I gave up and got up to watch Law and Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment