We all know that you can find screaming children almost anywhere, but this is a more fun kind of screaming. When ever I (or any other teacher) walks across the field at lunch time, or walks to the store on the weekend, it is not uncommon to hear distant "HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII KARENNNNNNNNNNNN!" Sometimes it's really difficult to even know where it's coming from, let alone which kid is saying hi, so I just randomly wave my arm in the air and say "HI BUDDY!" That usually covers it.
I often go for walks with the Grade 1 teacher Jennifer and she is like a friggin celebrity around here, with "HIIIIIII JENNIFER!! HI! HI! HI!" coming from every direction. And they will keep yelling it for as long as you can hear them, even if you have already said hi and addressed them by name. It's always the best when we get this greeting:
"HIIIIIIII JENNIFER!!!! HI.....................JENNIFER'S FRIEND!!" Can't blame them for not knowing me, I do teach outside the main school.
On a side note, I also enjoy hearing crazy temper tantrums from the staff room. (I will probably get some angry comments for saying this..lol) It's always fun to watch/listen to when you know you don't have to try to stop the kid :o)
I will miss those cheery little greetings a lot when I'm gone.
Webequie. Where (almost) everyone knows your name.
No comments:
Post a Comment