Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where the heck are you?

One of my favourite things to amuse me is to check my blog stats and see who has been reading and where. This week held quite a bit of variety:

Canada 105
United States 15
Denmark 4
United Kingdom 4
Russia 4
France 3
Israel 2
Hungary 1

I am fairly sure I don't know anyone in Denmark, Russia, Israel or Hungary. Maybe I do? Maybe you're someone I know and you are on vacation? If so, thanks for reading on your vacation! If you are a stranger...thanks for reading in general! We're friends now.

You wonder about more than just week? Well stats for all time:

Canada 4,843
United States 366
Hong Kong 14
Netherlands 14
United Arab Emirates 11
United Kingdom 9
Jamaica 8
Russia 8
Denmark 5
France 5

Cool!

K...enough bragging, or rather thanking for your awesomeness! I am very happy to say that we have yet another week long break coming up here in Web! It's commonly known as "Goose Break" around here. It is, in fact, illegal to hunt Canadian Geese in Canada...but when they fly over Webequie people go out in droves to hunt them. We're pretty far for RCMP to come all the way up to do anything about it and it's a tradition that has been going on for years. Once the geese start to fly the communities in the North communicate to each other and estimate when they will fly by. Then, we get that week off so the students, local teachers and staff can go hunting with their families. Since I couldn't shoot a tin can off a log on my best day, I am going home. (Also since we get a full week, plus the long weekend from Easter off).

So I will fly from here to Montreal to visit my sis for the long weekend (woo!) then on to Hamilton for the rest of the week. It will be great to see family and friends that I haven't seen in a while and it will make both April and May pass more quickly. They are long, muddy, bug-filled months up here (I am told) where there are very few students in class and thus, the days pass slowly. On the bright side it was 12 degrees here today and I was outside in just a sweater! Spring has sprung :)

1 comment: