
I ended my journey with a lovely Monday night of drinking and watching Jersey Shore with a friend I had not seen in a while. Yesterday I got to go visit another good friend and her freshly birthed baby (4 weeks old soon!) and we also went to Jack Astor's and Dairy Queen. Baby, chicken and a brownie sundae, what more could you ask for?!
(Baby Calvin yawning, or yelling..you decide)
After that I went to dessert with another friend (yes, I will be super fat, but also really happy at the end of this week) and then came back to my house to do crafts. This is why I love my friends..we didn't drink a drop of alcohol but still managed to have a wonderful time making paper crowns and dressing up in random shit from around my room.
While I have been home I have also been trying to organize myself for the UAE. I will only really have a month at home once I return from Webequie before embarking on my new journey, so I need to get 'er done. I have to get my University degree and teaching certificate authenticated by a Canadian Government body and the UAE embassy. Of course, before doing this, I have to make copies of these certificates and have them authenticated by a notary public to be sure that they are real. In essence, I have to get the degrees authenticated not once, not twice, but thrice. I will be so damn authentic by the time I get there that I won't even know what to do with myself. Also, every time one of these people even looks at a piece of paper, it's basically $50 :(
I think that they should just accept this photo as evidence of my authentic awesomeness:

(Photo cred: Nikki Scott)
If the UAE doesn't authenticate your stuff BECAUSE of that picture I apologize! But I'm glad it's getting put to good use.
ReplyDeleteSo much fun having my Karen home!
ReplyDelete