Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's a me! Mario!

Time for an update as to what has been going on the in Web! There has been a whole lotta Wii playing going on. Two of my colleagues and I decided that we would vow to play the New Super Mario game from start to finish, together. Unlike the old Mario games, you can play up to four players in a level at a time together. This is cause for a lot of team work along with...screaming at the top of our lungs, jumping up from the couch during tense moments and more swearing than a Charlie Sheen rant. We got to the end FINALLY after several days, only to find out that there is a secret level that you have to collect all these coins throughout the whole game to pass. F*#&! The journey continues!

Today I also got my mail order from amazon.ca which included the movie Tangled which has become one of my new favourite Disney movies, and this...

I figured it might be prudent to learn a bit of the official language in the country I will be moving to soon. Although most people speak English, I'm told the students know very little English, at least in the written form. At the very least I'll learn "Help", "Which way to the bathroom" and "I don't know, I'm from Canada." Oh also, "Vodka Cranberry, please!" :) I will be sure to update ya'll once I dive into this book and see if I will in fact, be able to learn any Arabic.

Other than that, the snow is melting here, the kids are getting restless and the teachers are counting down to their goose break vacations. I've got two sleeps till Montreal. I will chronicle my home vacay for you, though I doubt it will be as photogenic or exciting as Jamaica was ;)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the face, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can help you with the letters. I can read it now (sound it out) if they put the vowels in as a cheat sheet for you!

    I can also say banana, orange, dad, door, good, not so good and slowly!

    So that will help you to not go hungry while waiting for your dad to visit I suppose.

    ReplyDelete