Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Drugs in the North

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I used to teach in a Northern First Nation's community called Webequie.

This is a documentary about prescription drug abuse in the community closest to Webequie, called Fort Hope. This is much the same story as in Webequie and (I think) gives a pretty accurate depiction of the drug problem in Northern communities.


How things have changed since last year. There certainly is no way any of my current students are on drugs!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I hope she can help even just a few in her community! Thanks for sharing Karen! Makes me feel sad for those people somehow. Where do they get these drugs from? How do they get on the plane? So many questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartbreaking...I hope Doris can beat this, she's an awesome young woman.

    ReplyDelete