Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Princess Muffin

Everything's coming up Muffin!

Today the flea shampoo and spray came in I ordered, so I just spent like 3 hours bathing her, combing out her fur, spraying her down and cleaning my house from top to bottom. The things I do for this dog! I really hope this can cure the lice because she will be so much happier and I won't have to worry about it all the time. I got the carrier to bring her in on the plane and it was basically a really really expensive duffel bag...but it's "airline approved", meaning it's the correct size so I won't have problems getting her on.

Today I brought her on a walk and I was tying her up outside the store, trying to ward off all the crazy, big dogs that were jumping all over her. An older man came out, looked at her, laughed and said, "OH, THEY SURE ARE GOING TO EAT HER! Bring her inside!" I thought I wouldn't be allowed to let her into the building since it's a grocery store, but he seemed to think it was okay, so I did it anyways. When I came out a lady from the store was there with him, I thought she'd be mad I brought Muffin in but instead she was petting her and had brought her out dog food from the store. My little Muffin's puppy dog eyes did the trick again! Then she wouldn't walk home because it was cold and dark and she's a wimp, so I had to carry her...AND all my groceries home. Good times. Next time I will take a walk just for walk's sake, with no particular destination so I can turn back any time.

On a non-dog note, I have almost completed making my first pair of mitts! They look pretty professional and actually were not that challenging to make. I am very excited!

Christmas has hit the school, hard. The walls are all decorated, christmas trees are up in the halls and the little ones have been doing christmas crafts all week. We also have a crapload of 'activities' coming up, the most hilarious of which is the christmas 'parade' which is going to consist of the teachers wearing santa hats, riding in the back of pick up trucks and throwing candy canes at the kids lining the sides of the road. FESTIVE right?!

ONLY 9 more sleeps till home! So excited! The party starts as soon as we get to Thunder Bay, where all the teachers plan to start drinking immediately upon stepping off the plane in the airport bar during our lay overs. Then I get free wine on my Porter flight so I can't complain. Needless to say, if anyone wants to come pick me up from downtown toronto on the 17th around 7pm...I will be grateful...and drunk...

My schedule is also filling up fast..I've got a Niagara falls trip planned, a trip to the states to shop, several swiss chalet trips, a Harry Potter movie date with my friend Jen (who so graciously has held off on seeing it for me! woo!), New Years plans and LOTS of shopping to do!

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment