Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snowshoe-rrific

Yesterday I had my first foray into snowshoeing. A fellow teacher who happens to be the physical education teacher and often organizes field trips proposed the idea. The school has a set of 9 snowshoes which is pretty cool so it's an easy trip. We only ended up having 3 students go (it was pretty darn cold and windy) but it was a lot of fun. I honestly kind of wish I had snowshoes to wear to work every day. It makes walking over knee or waist deep snow MUCH easier. I fell a couple of times because it is easy to step on the back of your own snowshoe if you are not experienced (which I'm not) but no major injuries.

Today is the staff dinner up at the school. I am making cupcakes and it is a potluck for about 50 of us so I'm sure there will be a ton of food and selection. Unfortunately I first have to do every dirty dish in my house in order to bake :(

Muffin is doing good. A friend was over just a while ago and commented how she is looking much better than when I first got her, so I am happy to be being a good Puppy Mom. She is still keeping me very busy..she LOVES to eat my socks, any towel or dish cloth and post-it note pads. She also eats the tile off my floor which is slightly harder to control..sigh.

Only 6 more sleeps till home! :)

1 comment:

  1. The party sounds awesome...fun, food, winning a game and a gift too...excellent.
    I love your list, glad you liked my idea, I guess I have a few working brain cells left=0
    Meegwetch!

    ReplyDelete