Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Always odd

8 reasons why where I live is weirder than where you live...

-Yesterday I snow-shoed to the store to buy dog food

-On Thursday I was teaching my class and heard something on the roof of my portable. After a moment of excitement "SANTA???!!" I looked outside to see the maintenance crew shoveling the roof of my classroom.

-I ran out of laundry detergent and went to the store to buy some. It was $30. (I did not buy it, but instead borrowed some from my neighbour)

-Going 'South' for vacation can mean going to Thunder Bay.

-People's pet dogs keep getting eaten by wolves.

-If you want a pet dog, you can just go outside and get one..and probably no one will notice or care.

-Seeing a bunch of ski-doos parked outside your classroom means good attendance.

-A big Saturday night is wii, movies AND a bingo.

***
In other not-so-fun news, two kids on a reserve close by just died in a fire. Super sad, and they were from here so there will probably be some services coming up in Web. School was cancelled on Friday because of it.

To leave you on a lighter note, I will be coming home for a visit next week from Wed to Fri for an undisclosed reason (to be disclosed later..lol). Maybe I will see some of you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment