Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WHAT THE FNAFAKYHFOIN(#WHF(*@H*NF@ !!

So I usually try to make my posts fun, amusing and generally upbeat. This is not going to be one of the posts. Some things about the North SUCK. I booked flights to come home this week/weekend in advance and though it was already expensive I was excited to be coming home. Tonight I got to the airport and waited TWO hours to be told that there was a mechanical issue with the plane and it would not be flying tonight. While I was at the airport there was an old man there who fell asleep on a bench, snored like beast and kept almost falling off the bench. So that added to the fun...

This is obviously disappointing and frustrating, but it also completely screwed me out of a bunch of money. I had a hotel booked in thunder bay for tonight, so that leaves me out $110. Then I had a morning flight from Thunder bay and cancellations are an $80 fee so that brings me to almost $200. Add to that the fact that the flights are now almost $300 more than when I first booked and you have a very unhappy Karen.

So I called Wasaya airlines (which is the airline that flies out of Webequie) and the extremely HELPFUL (note the sarcasm) agent told me that flights for tomorrow were all full, she didn't know if they were adding another plane, she didn't know if they would refund or compensate me for anything and her manager wasn't there so I should call back at 7am. I tried REALLY hard not to be bitchy to this girl because it was not her fault that her company sucks donkey balls.

So...here I am, in my house, being angry and having no shining hope of going home any time soon. Also, it's effing FREEZING and I kept falling down today and hurt my leg.

Now I'm going to go eat a muffin and feel better. That's A muffin, not Muffin herself. I don't think she'd be that delicious.

Grumpily yours,

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Awww Karen that sucks! I had a similar, but less frustrating time coming back from Minnesota. I was stuck in their airport for 6 hours. So what's the conclusion? Did you ever make it home? When will you be home next?
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete