I have gotten over most of these things now and again have reminded myself that education really just isn't a priority here. Some kids have done really well, with one of my students getting a 95% in grade 10 english. I know there will be a rush of students at the beginning of this new semester and then it will quickly drop off to 5 or 6 in each class. At least now I am prepared for that.
This week I also had quite the mishap with Muffin. She was outside playing and saw some of the other dogs across the street. Unfortunately just as she went to run across a truck came. I wasn't there to see it but was told by a friend that she kind of bounced off the trucks tire. I was quickly summoned to my neighbours house where Muffin was very shaken up. We called the vet and explained her symptoms and they said she was in shock. I kept her warm and still for the night and her shock symptoms went away. The following day she seemed okay and at night she was just doing this weird coughing thing. Today she seems back to her old self and is wanting to play outside. I'm still keeping her in for a few more days to be sure and definitely walking her on a leash from now on. By some grand luck, she survived her brush with death doggie (as seen below)

and it could have been so much worse! All my friends here were so supportive and helpful, as well as a friend who is a vet in the states and gave me some great advice. You all rock!
Last night we had a rockin' wii party (aka my neighbours came over and we played Price is Right for wii for 2 hours) and tonight is Bingo time. Jackpot = $800. I'll take it!
No comments:
Post a Comment