Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More tragic circumstances

The search for missing teen Jordan Wabasse is still going on, and there was been no news about his whereabouts yet.

Unfortnately, something else has happened. This morning I was awakened by a call saying school was cancelled because there had been a death in the community. This time, tragically, I am told it was a little baby. I have no details other than the child was 6 months old and it happened over night. I am starting to wonder how it's possible for one group of people to face so much tragedy. This is the third death of a young child since I have been here and I have only been here 6 months. This is not the way it is supposed to be. People are supposed to live long lies and die peacefully, not like this. I wish I could believe that it is all part of some kind of divine 'master plan' but I just don't. Then again, none of that matters. All that matters is there are some people with very broken hearts here today, so if you can all give them a thought today, that would be nice.

2 comments:

  1. Karen, I'm so sorry for the family and the community.
    I also send extra love to you, everything is so sad there and I know it affects you.
    I wish I was with you to talk and comfort.

    Sending a really big virtual hug, Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete