I already told you my dog Muffin was in heat. This is a pretty unpleasant thing in general but up here, it's mayhem. There are so many uncared for dogs that run free and are currently waiting outside my house to try to gang bang her as soon as we step out the door. And I literally mean gang bang, 2, 3, even 4 at a time. When I take her out on her leash I spend the whole time whacking the male dogs away with a big stick. I'm not one to hit or hurt a dog, but there is no other answer here.
This afternoon I came home to my laundry room absolutely covered in blood and diarrhea. Poor little Muffy's body is going through hell. I cleaned it up and fed her lunch, heading back to the school. Later on another teacher came by and said "I think I just saw Muffin outside." Inconceivable! I said. Or rather, I wish I did because it sounds better than "Nah can't be, I locked her in my laundry room." So I left to go check on her and there she was, out frolicking and being followed by hoards of dogs smelling her behind. I grabbed her and came back to my house to see how this was possible. The window in my laundry room was open (which I definitely left closed) and what is even more amazing is that she pushed her crate-which was on the other side of the room-to below the window so she could climb up on it and jump out the window. Little escape artist!
No comments:
Post a Comment