Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm Tired!

I have concluded that my body doesn't seem to be able to adjust to an 8 hour time difference. Last night I went to bed, completely exhausted at around 1am. I woke up at 4:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep. Naturally, I was completely exhausted all day, so I had to nap from around 3pm to 7:30 pm. I had to get up because I have to meet in the lobby at 10pm to go get finger printed at the police station. I assume it will be in line with my experience with the medical tests-a whole lot of waiting. I can't complain though, because some groups are leaving as last as 11pm and they will likely be there till 2am. I look forward to the end of Ramandan, when Abu Dhabi will run on a regular schedule again.

This afternoon I went to Ferrari World with 4 other teachers. It's really close to our hotel and there has been lots of hype, so we figured we should go. The admission was 225 dirham which was about 6o canadian. I have to say that it was not really worth all the hype, nor the price. There were very few rides for adults but the majority were for kids. Luckily, since it was Ramadan and August, there was hardly anyone there so we were able to just walk to up to all the rides. The rides we did go on generally made me feel sick, because they were simulator rides. It is a cool theme and would be really fun for families, but it didn't match up to Wonderland for me...they have way more rides for the money. So, as I am learning, sometimes things here are all about the hype. At least it was something to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment