First, it is important to impress how expensive hotel food can be. I have been in this hotel for almost 2 weeks now, and a tiny bar fridge doesn't fit much food. There is a free shuttle to IKEA and since teachers are generally a group of pretty cheap people (no offense to any baller teachers...) we like to take the shuttle to go eat cheap swedish food. Then we also wander around and lay on beds...
Well, some of us do. We were with two other girls but they refused to pose with us on our bed. I wonder why?
Speaking of cheap food, I have found a new snack here that I just can't seem to get enough of. Probably why I'm gaining the freshman 15 even though I'm not a freshmen and not in University. The traveler's 15? They eat a lot of bread here, it's not my fault :)
You might also be wondering, "But Karen, how have you been doing your laundry?" (said in my probably inaccurate impression of your voice..) Well, fear not. I took photos just so you wouldn't wonder. THIS is how you do your washing in a 5 star hotel..
It's not as swanky as a maytag, but it gets the job done. Back to badly done impressions.."But KAREN! How do you dry it? HOW!!??" What a good question, invisible person inside my blog. I started by hanging it on the rails of my balcony but it got sandy and I was pretty worried that I would come home to find my underwear hanging on here:
So, during that trip to IKEA (where a lot of bed sitting did take place, but was not the only thing I did) I found a solution.
And now I will wait 3 days for it to dry. Seriously looking forward to living in a real apartment again!


I have that exact clothing rack from Ikea here in Canada. It's good to know I can go to an Ikea anywhere in the world and get the exact same items.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't the hotel have laundry service, or is it outrageously expensive?