Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I thought it was about time for another happy-go-lucky post after that last atrocity. I am back in the Web and all is well. My trip at home was great, got things accomplished, saw some friends and picked up cheesy buns to bring back up. Life is good. This week is exam week for the high schoolers and today I held the grade 10 English exam. I thought since it will be the last time I have some of the students (like the grade 12's) I should get them a little something. The girls got candy and either a nail polish or lip gloss and the boys get a little Axe (the deodorant, not the wood cutting tool) and candy. Did them up like this:




Also had a treat...

Suggesting that I may just be the best teacher ever? Just throwing that out there :P

4 of 6 of my grade 10 students passed and the two that didn't, will have the opportunity to finish their essay before friday in order to pass since they are pretty close.

Next semester I'm teaching History, Careers/Civics and the Ontario Literacy course. Luckily my colleague who used to teach these courses sent me a TON of resources so I won't be totally lost. I also found out that there is going to be a conference that we all go to thunder bay for in the third week of March, following March break, so it will be like 2 weeks off then :)

Muffin is doing great...she has been much calmer and more well behaved thanks to my awesome neighbours Shannon and Jeff who took care of her over the last week for me. She lost two of her baby teeth today too! I gave her a bath tonight and then was cleaning the bathroom. I looked around the house and finally found her, wet and curled up in my bed:


Thanks for the wet bed pup, good thing you're so darn cute.

Lastly, here's "carrying home your groceries" Webequie style...



And no one even bats an eye.

5 comments:

  1. The gifts looked lovely and only you wouldn't mind a wet-dog bed =0
    Sled groceries are awesome (I notice the 2 $15.00 Pepsi cases on there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were on sale for $10! Had to stock up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you know some pretty awesome people that could help you if you needed ideas for that upcoming history class... just sayin' :)

    Enjoy you're cheesy buns and pepsi. mmmmmm cheesey buns

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely hit you up for ideas and/or if I am confused...which I most likely will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm, those cookies look yummy! I wish I had a teacher like you when I was in school!!

    ReplyDelete