Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chocolate and Bunny, but not chocolate bunny

Hello bloggies!

Today was a good day! All this week my Grade 9 and 10 classes have joined in with the Art and Native Language classes to do traditional crafts. Some of the ladies from the community have come to show us how to make beaded dream catchers and they are so much fun! It took me a while to get the hang of it but I'm almost done my first one. As I was sitting beside one of the ladies she said "You are the first white lady to make a beaded dream catcher in Webequie ever!" So I HAVE to make it good..I'm setting a precedent here! The ladies are so knowledgeable and patient, it's been awesome to work with them.

I also had my teaching evaluation today, were my Principal and two members of the Board came to my classroom to observe. I spent a LOOTTT of time making sure everything in the classroom was there as needed and I think it went well overall. But, as soon as they left the classroom, one of my students said "You were so nervous. I've never ever heard you talk so fast as today!" Even though I didn't feel outwardly nervous I guess it showed a bit, but my lesson was good and the kids responded well so it should be fine.

Yesterday I got my clothes I ordered from Old Navy quite some time ago. New track pants, long sleeved shirts and sweaters. It's always super fun to get things in the mail! I ordered my Wii and after the worst customer service experience EVER with Futureshop.ca that I unfortunately got my sister involved with by using her credit card to order (Sorry Michelle) it has finally shipped! Can't wait to play me some Wii!

My poll finished up a few days ago. I think you all were right...

For Santa to transport Chester the bunny to the North
4 (33%)

A lifetime supply of chocolate
4 (33%)

A Wii for those cold winter nights
3 (25%)

Snuggies in all colours and patterns
1 (8%)

I took care of the Wii myself, so now I just need my bunny and some chocolate. I'll put a new poll up as soon as I can think of something!

1 comment:

  1. I wanna be the second white lady to make a beaded dreamcatcher in Webequie! Get my room ready!

    ReplyDelete