Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The one with Michael Jackson, long naps and complaints

Ummm does anyone else wanna see Michael Jackson the Immortal World Tour Cirque de Soleil show?! I just saw an ad for it on tv and it sounds pretty friggin awesome to me!! Unfortunately it's in Oct 2011 and I don't know where I'll be at that point..but if you're around you should go..there's even a show in the Hammer!

In other news I just had another of my epic 12 hour naps on a friday night. I always feel like it's such a waste of a friday night when I do it but realistically, what the hell else am I really gonna do? Now at least I'm up early today, can do dishes, clean a bit then go up to the school for hours upon hours of report cards. I am lucky to have an awesome colleague who said he'd be willing to help show me how it's done. After that we're having a teachers versus Band Hall staff so that should be something to do for a rockin' Saturday night.

I finally have the house to myself this weekend after a seemingly long week of guests staying with me. AND I think they fixed my bathtub so it drains properly :D Next on the list: getting a dish rack, then i'll have a perfect household.

I can't seem to stop ordering things online. I think it's a combination of having a real pay cheque along with not being able to shop for anything but overly priced food up here. Right now I'm waiting for more yoga pants/comfy clothes from old navy and some shoes from land's end.

I ordered food in from a grocery company that delivers up here...so on Thursday I got my a whole giant box full o' chicken, 5 boxes of cereal, bananas, cookies...the works! One thing I will savour for the times I'm home is the ease of access to food. Never again will I complain about going across the street to get milk or pick up a pizza (or at least I won't complain as MUCH).

It has been 8..that's right EIGHT days since I have had any diet pepsi and three days of having no caffeine at all (I was drinking tea to supplement). I am obviously overly proud of this accomplishment, but it took a lot of dedication to not break down and just drink it!

Lastly: I think it's time to start a count down...41 days till I come home :D

And..new poll up!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, who the heck is pretending they're me?! Whoever it is , I'm gonna open a can of whoop-ass on them next time I see them!

    Anyway, Karen, your REAL Mom enjoyed your post, especially the count-downs. I am incredibly impressed with the pop intervention (that moustache guy flew up there, right?
    Can't wait for your Christmas visit! (After all, someone has to decorate the tree).

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha how could you not know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks real mom. And to prevent any future fake mom comments, I will put a comment moderation on where I approve them before they go up. That'll learn em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gotta be Sasha...no more sloppy joes for you!!!

    ReplyDelete