Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Decorating the tree!

So I decided today that it is close enough to Christmas now that I can put up my "tree" (Note: I also did air quotes when I typed that). Now you should know me well enough that I NEVER make improper use of quotation marks because I find it incredibly irritating. The reason for my air quotes is because my "tree" is 2 feet tall and made of cardboard. It was easily transported in my suitcase and would appear GIANT to you if only you weren't so damn tall so please don't be hatin'. The little people who live under my dryer and make beds out of lint are flabbergasted at it's towering impressiveness.

So let me take you through the process.

Putting up the trunk, or Happy Festivus!!


Bottom layer. Usually the layer that would poke you most in the face if you had to put in the branches like on our old school tree from when we were kids.



Then layer two. The most delicious layer of all. Wait...no. I should stop watching Ultimate Cake Off while I blog...


The top layer, flushing out the whole tree..

THEN! The star!! And since I now live alone there is no fight about who put it on last year :P


And the final product! Impressive right?


Not sold on the final product? Then how about the final product if you were tinnnnyyy :)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a perfectly cromulent tree....I believe I'll use one like that here;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last perspective shot was really helpful, if I was tiny, this would be mammoth.

    I believe I'll put up my table-top pink christmas tree as well, perhaps later tonight. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete