Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Monday, November 8, 2010

Juice and Cookies

Report cards are done!!! This may come as a shock to you since I don't know if I mentioned on here that I was doing them, but I was. Maybe I was too busy to mention it, so get off my back..jeez! *Calming down the teacher voice*

I had to work all weekend long in order to get them done but they are finally there and hopefully everything I have said and done is satisfactory, I guess we'll find out. I also spent the weekend calling parents about their children's marks and attendance and doing laundry. Party in Webequie! Raise Da Roof!

I went to the store to buy milk after school and ended up with chocolate chips for my muffins, ice cream bars, cookies (which I ate almost all of tonight..oops) and like 10 cans of frozen juice. The juice goes fast up here and they had all the flavours so I had to stock up! Plus I need something to drink now that I am off pop and I didn't want to end up with the "orange juice" I got last week which I'm pretty sure was actually McDonald's flavoured orange drink from 1987 (or at least that's what it tasted like. Damn you McCain!!-the juice company, not John McCain. Well now this bracketed comment is far too long and getting out of hand...)

This week is Remembrance day on Thursday as I'm sure you all know (wear your poppies bloggies!) and I was trying to come up with some creative ways to inform and practice it in the classroom since we are cut off from the main school in the portable and do not have the announcements out there. My always helpful favourite sister/Librarian (note: she is both my favourite sister and my favourite Librarian) helped me find some links and resources. My favourite that I am using in the class on Thursday is the old Dieppe Bell commercial (extra points if it doesn't make you cry):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd1FNPx_YN4

I am also going to tell the story of Sadako and her 1000 paper cranes and then have them each make their own crane. I made a practice one tonight and I must say it's actually pretty time consuming..but cool in the end

I also got my Disney Vacation planning dvd today in the mail, so I will have to watch that this coming weekend and plan my dream. In christmas vacation news, a friend up here pointed out to me that there are only 39 days till home and only 29 days of teaching! Woot! As much as I love it up here it will be great to be home for a few weeks. My sister and I are planning to go see The Grinch Musical which seems like it can't do anything except be awesome! I also have plans to see Harry Potter and eat Swiss Chalet with several different people. Festive Special Biatches!

Now, as I have eaten far too many cookies and am done my planning it is off to bed for me :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Karen,
    Check out the Government of Canada website. They have an educational section that has all kinds of great stuff. You can request a lot of free materials, too (for future reference). There are a lot of topics, not just Remembrance Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finishing report cards! You deserved any available treats/juices (see Michelle's blog for hers and my eating habits)
    Keep the Disney dream alive and I can't believe how fast Christmas is coming...don't know how it's going to work this year since I no longer shop.

    ReplyDelete