So it's time for a serious update folks!! The weekend was very busy, we had trick or treating on Saturday afternoon I had a whole bunch of kids and managed to use up nearly all of my candy which is probably good so I don't develop the Diabeetus (as Wilford Brimley would say). It was also awesome to see the parents pulling their kids on SkiDoos to go trick or treating! Not a sight I'm commonly used to on Halloween. We had the halloween dance on Saturday evening and many of you have probably already seen my amazing magenta crayon costume. It was amazing except for the fact that everyone kept constantly asking what I was. I mean really. They weren't all the brightest crayon in the box. HA! See what I did there?
The dance was lots of fun...trying to guess who was under all the scary costumes and seeing the people let loose under the cover of various masks. I definitely danced my butt off in a high school gym which is something I haven't done since...well...high school! I ended up being tired out by about 12:30 and everyone was still going strong. It was really funny to see how parents brought pillows for their little ones to curl up on, on the floor when they got tired so they could all stay at the dance.
On Monday at work I was asked to have some guests from outside the community stay at my house for a few days, so I have had three people from 'the south' aka...probably where you are reader.. staying with me. They have all been really nice and bought real butter and are leaving it for me, so therefore I like them a lot. I only buy margarine up here since butter is soo expensive!
I picked a student of the month in each of my classes for the month of October and I asked them what they'd like for a prize. First they said $100 and I laughed at them...then they all decided on a can of Red Bull. These kids live off of it. And now I can look down upon that since I have not had ANY pop in FOUR days. Yeah. Believe it! So I went to the store and bought 3 cans of Red Bull for over $10 F*! They'd better appreciate...
I'd better be off to bed now, I have another big day of trying to teach the kids about parts of books they haven't read...
I have countless memories of falling asleep on the floor or ground, w a blanket of course, while my parents danced the night away :-)
ReplyDelete