Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Brownies, Boots, Ninjas and Pie

So today was a 'catch up' day...aka I went back to class to find out the kids had done pretty much nothing while I was away. That's okay though, just means less planning this week while they finish!

We are also going partridge hunting this Thursday (like the partridge in a pear tree..) apparently they spend the rest of the year up here when they're not working in the 12 days of christmas song...

I went to the store today after school and the baked goods were on sale. I'm sure you have all had two bite brownies, but you know what's better? Two bite brownies with icing!!

SOooOOoo delicious. So i had those (too many of those) and pizza for dinner. Good thing I take vitamins!

Some fun random things from today...

-There is one kid in my grade 12 class who insists upon calling me Sensei, which I'm a pretty big fan of, frankly

-The kids are writing scripts and performing them in class. In one of the plays so far, the characters are a ninja/Apache warrior who dresses up like a bear, a ninja Native who poses as a white guy and a polar bear, a viking who poses as a wolf and can change into a rock on demand and a wise/possessed/evil tree that guides their spirit quest. The overall theme of the play is that the characters have eaten a drugged pie and are trippin out. Bless high school students and their creativity.

-They changed all the locks to all the teacher's houses for seemingly no reason today...so i guess that means that I won't come home to the teacher from last year napping in my bed..so that's good

-I wore my new boots today and I walked through every possible puddle just because I could

1 comment:

  1. That brownie is cheerful & delicious looking!

    You're a Sensei just like Spliter!!!

    This play could be a moneymaker, just sayin'

    Did you 'walk' through every puddle or did you splash through every puddle??

    ReplyDelete