That is what Halloween is here. A week long event. These folk love Halloween which is great because I feel like it's really a lost event on many adults. Today at school there were costume competitions and many of the teachers dressed up. Today I saw a cowboy, Snoopy & Woodstock, a cow, Michael Jackson, a rock star, a pallbearer (dressed in all black, clever), a pirate an old lady and the list goes on. I was a 'rock star' (my original costume idea) and people guessed that I was Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga or a prostitute. Good times. For the record, I was dressed appropriately:
But people bring out the big guns for tomorrow, the Halloween dance. Last year I hear the top prize went to a fellow colleague who made an awesome homemade Optimus Prime costume out of a hockey mask and some boxes. I think I might be a wizard...I have a blue Snuggie which is a good start.
Trick or treating is tomorrow from 1pm-4pm..they just decide on the best day to do it for the kids...one of the advantages of living on a small island. This is followed by the dance and my house getting egged innumerable times (I'm sure) but it's not really my house, so meh.
My new coat has been fantastic. It is super warm and frankly just adorable in my opinion, I have had lots of compliments already. It has been so cold and has been snowing for about 2 days straight now so it's good I got it when I did.
I didn't have many students today in my classes, they decided to start their weekends early I suppose. I did have one student come and hang out with me for about an hour and a half this afternoon and we just chatted. It's interesting to get inside the head of a teenage boy for a while, which to me is one of the rewards of teaching high school.
I came home and napped today from about 6 to 10 because I had a horrendous headache, since I'm trying to kick 'the stuff'...the 'juice'...that black fizzy drug I am addicted to: Diet Pepsi. When I was talking to my sister today we decided that it is my own personal brand of heroin (in the words of Edward Cullen) and that tea is my Methadone. So far it's been tough, I'm craving it HARD but I decided that spending $45 a week on pop just wasn't worth it. Instead, I will save my pop money and go to frickin Disney World! Booya.
Well..I am sitting amongst sunflower seed shells and empty candy wrappers so I should probably go and clean up a bit. Till later bloggies...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete