Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dumb as Bricks

Ever realize all of a sudden that despite how much education you have, how street smart you think you are...in some ways you are really stupid? Today was my day. Let me illustrate.

Here is a picture of my dryer:

So, where is the lint trap? Do you see a lint trap? I'm not sure that my dryer has a lint trap. Oh well...it must somehow filter right out the window right? There must be an invisible tube that goes out the invisible hole in my wall right?

Ok, so before your head explodes, Yes, here is my lint trap:

I have lived here for 36 days.
I have done laundry at least 5 times.
Until today, I did not know my dryer had a lint trap.
My ignorance will undoubtedly be my downfall.

This can go in the book of Things I Didn't Realize Till Today Because I Have My Head Up My Ass, Apparently.

I also bring you some fun entries from Things I Didn't Realize archive:

-The stage name Eminem suggests M&M, Marshall Mathers
-I boiled water in a pot on my stove for the first 3 weeks I lived here because I had no kettle, until I realized that electric kettle shaped thing I had seen in my laundry room when I moved in was, in fact, a kettle

Stay tuned for more of my stupidity :)

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, I could have helped, Grandma & Grandpa's lint trap is the same.
    So glad you have fun plans for the weekend (next post)...did someone pay $1oo.oo at the store for a turkey or did they shoot it?
    Your better than me touching a headless dead animal....ewwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See that's why I need my Mommy here, to help me not be so dumb :P

    We did not hunt the turkey, I don't know if there are any around here, certainly haven't seen any so far. It was about $50 at the store I think but since there are 15 of us eating it won't work out to be too expensive :) Plus, I got corn! lol

    ReplyDelete