So I may have just had the longest day of my teaching career and I wasn't even teaching! The community is having a meeting all this week about some issues here and they want all the high school students to go. As such, they have cancelled high school classes and the high school teachers are acting as EA's in the elementary school. I was in my friend Ryan's Grade 3 class. Anyone who wants to say that elementary school teachers "have it easy" because they don't have as much planning or marking is kidding themselves! It is like being Mom or Dad to 20 kids at a time, for 7 hours a day, all at once. It is: constant running around, don't do that, pick this up, stop letting dogs into the school, stop trying to jump out the window...and so on. I've got to hand it it elementary teachers everywhere and especially here, my hat is off to you!
I have been busy researching vacations as my friends and I decided that going to Disney World on March break is probably a really terrible idea. I am leaning toward Jamaica but there are also options of Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican and Mexico on the table. I just keep picturing myself laying on a beach, swimming up to bars to get frosty drinks and swimming above coral reef (Sigh). Cannot wait! Christmas is edging ever closer...you can check my christmas vacation countdown on my blog here :)
Right now I'm watching Tyra and there is a 22 year old woman who is selling her virginity in a legal brothel and the highest big right now is 3.5 million dollars. What the eff. Seriously. How creepy is she? And how creepy are men?! Ugh. Just thought i'd share that with you in case you missed it.
Now i'm going to go sit around and recuperate from the damage 9 year olds did to me.
People need to make a living somehow dear.
ReplyDeleteYes they do Momma Sasha.
ReplyDeleteSasha, you are very close losing visiting/door decoration spinning/and possible sloppy joes rights for life....tread carefully, my son.
ReplyDeleteKaren, your day reminds me of the time I tried to be lunch lady at your school.The kids jumping kamikaze style off the tables, laughing hysterically as I begged them to stop. Good times and one of the shortest jobs I ever had.
Lol mom is laying the smackdown! Yeah, the elementary is not for me.
ReplyDelete