Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The story of 13.5 hours

Once upon a time (last night) I was laying on my couch in my snuggie, sooo tired, watching the new adventures of old christine. It ended at 6pm and I thought...gee, I am so tired and I don't need to plan for tomorrow..I'm gonna have a nap!

So off I went. I was so tired I didn't even take off my socks to sleep which NEVER happens. So I wake up at 7:30 (presumably an hour and a half later) and think, huh, that was a nice nap. I get up...wander into the living room, see that the sun is setting out my window and eat a brownie.

Then I turn on my tv...

Why are they wishing me good morning?...

Then I turn on facebook...

Why do everyone's statuses say (13 hours ago?)

Then...I clue in.

It's 7:30 am on Oct 7, not 7:30 pm on Oct 6, the sun is setting, not rising (I was never so good at geography..rises in the east sets in the west) and i've just had a 13.5 hour "nap". And I just ate a brownie at 7:30 in the morning.

I guess I will be VERY well rested for my partridge hunting today!

***

In other news, last night before bed, I go to the bathroom (for the first time since I got home) and I stand there starring because my toilet seat is up. This means one of three things:

1.) Someone who has a key to my house came in to fix something/do something and used my bathroom
2.) I have a male ghost who is really trying to get the point across
3.) Someone broke into my house to clean my toilet

I will keep you updated on the mystery.

***

I have to say there is something to this waking up much earlier thing. I have had time to be confused about the time of day, write this blog, eat some brownies, and I still have over an hour before I need to leave for work. Usually I get up with between 30-40 minutes left before I have to leave and in that time I need to shower, eat, check emails and facebook (yes I NEED to do this) get dressed, get all my crap then try not to get there late.

Have a good day bloggies!

3 comments:

  1. Have you seen the movie "Vacancy"...I highly recommend it--it might explain why people have been in your house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen it but i just imdb'ed it...and i sure hope that's not what's goin on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Champion sleeper! I have done the same thing, so it's genetic.
    Okay, the toilet seat thing is creepy, let us know if you find out why.

    ReplyDelete