Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Vault

So this weekend was a bit of a Disney weekend. Given that there is little to do in the old North, the fact that it's getting colder and the fact that I love the ish outta Disney movies I watched 2 this weekend with a friend.

Beauty and the Beast, as many of you know, was unvaulted (that doesn't seem to be a word, devaulted?). I was talking about this with someone today. What is the criteria for Disney vaulting? At what point do they decide to put it in the vault? How do they decide how long to keep it there? Do all the Walmarts, HMVs, Targets have to send them to some secret vault at the earth's core?

I feel like my sister may have mentioned this on her blog, which for those of you who haven't read it, is also awesome but in a less Northernly way: http://msmeshell.blogspot.com/

Anyways, back to Disney movies..

So along with my distrust of the Disney corp. over the vaulting of their movies, I have another bone to pick. Added scenes. So, we are watching Beauty and the Beast and then BAM! there's a whole song about being human again. While I did know it was coming I was a little weirded out because it just didn't seem to fit. Fast forward to a little later the next day when we are watching The Lion King, and there is yet another added scene from the original...and it totally sucked! It's a Zazu song and I traditionally love Zazu, but the voice was different, you could see a marked difference in the animation and it added absolutely nothing to the story. Disneyfail. Alright I guess that's enough bitchin about Disney since I plan to give them a good chunk of my hard earned income in 2011 by visiting their land of childhood wonders.

Halloween is coming up, and as it looms closer I'm starting to think my costume is a sorry fail. I have a pink wig, some colourful clothes I'd usually wear to the bar, some fake eyelashes, temp tattoos and a plastic microphone which will make me a "rock star" or so I keep telling myself.

I have to say my most awesome/favourite costume was the year I was a popple because...well...popples are awesome. My most convincing costume was probably the year that I was Hermione from Harry Potter. It's not that I was a very convincing Hermione, it's just that I happened to be dating "Harry Potter" at the time, so it fit together nicely.

Does anyone have any awesome ideas? What was your best halloween costume ever?? Add your ideas in the comments...and if you are giving me ideas, remember that I have no access to a walmart, or pretty much anything else that is not already in my house. I'm thinking if I had a choice I might be one of these:



Who doesn't love bacon? Well.......ok, so there's a FEW people...but I am not Jewish nor am I a vegetarian and this Karen Loves bacon. And you know what? I can safely say that is pretty much no one up here who wouldn't love both my bacon costume and a big old plate of bacon too. And while I certainly did not love the f&#!ing pipe monsters when I used to play Nintendo a lot, it's a pretty kick ass costume.

I will leave you with those thoughts bloggies have a happy Monday.

Ps. Who is excited as shit for Rocky Horror Glee on Tuesday?!

4 comments:

  1. I dressed up as an arab sheikh one hallowe'en.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I sure hope that was during the 70s or early 80s..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that post totally has to be Sasha again, I never dressed up as an Arab anything.
    I may have to consider suing Sasha, especially since I hear he makes a lot of money.
    The only thing I remember dressing up as was a 2-headed ghost, with my friend , as a teenager.
    We just wanted candy so we cut 2 holes out of a sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I thought this was odd, but it was really early so i just went with it. Sasha is evil.

    ReplyDelete