Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Community Celebrations

I had an excellent nap this afternoon, followed by dinner (woo! Food!). After that I decided to go walk around the community and take some pictures.

Here is my view out my back window:



And here is the view out back of my house, by the lake:






And now, for some pics of my little cutesy house. I think it kinda looks like a cottage!





My exploring eventually led me to the school where I found out they were having a mini pow wow. Representatives from different communities across Canada were there to participate in traditional dancing and drum circles. I managed to snap a few pictures of the amazing traditional regalia they wore and made themselves:






I met up with the principal at the pow wow and she showed me around the school. I will be teaching in a portable behind the school which is actually pretty nice. Sounds like I will be teaching grade 9, 10 and 12 English instead of 11, because they have a need for a grade 12 class this year. From what I understand students usually leave Webequie to attend grade 12, so it's nice to see they are staying in their own community for it this year!

Lastly, here's a picture of what the school looks like, it's pretty neato:

I did some organizing and put up some pics to remind me of home. Once I get all set up nicely I will post pics of my finished house.

No comments:

Post a Comment