Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Smoggies and Bloggies

Hello bloggies (I've decided that's what I shall call my readers, like the smoggies, but instead blog readers, which is actually very environmentally friendly since there's no paper involved and you COULD be reading this on an energy efficient netbook (like my Mom, hi Mom!)

If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, these are Smoggies:



THIS is a bloggie:



The little girl there is totally voting on my poll about what's in the scary hole in my floor (she selected bodies...get this kid some counselling!) She is also thinking, "God, look at this bitch over here reading a newspaper! What is she 70?! F*ck that!"

That's an exact thought quote in case you were wondering...

Also, before you go googling it to prove me wrong, I realize that The Bloggies are also annual Blog awards and I didn't actually make up the term. Given my creative usage though, maybe I deserve a Bloggie!? *Huh? Huh? Elbow nudge*

Moving on to something that is not total nonsense...I have spent the whole day planning for my 3 classes tomorrow and have since probably gone cross eyed. I know you are probably thinking, "Hey Karen! What does real-life teacher lesson planning look like?" Well, luckily for you, I can show you:


Key to notice is several cans of diet pepsi to keep me awake/keep me from punching people from caffeine withdrawal.

Now it is back to planning for me...wish me luck. Tune in tomorrow evening for a post about my first day teaching (which will possibly be failtastic!)

2 comments:

  1. Um, first off, the Smoggies are awesome, and I'm sad for your readers if they haven't seen it.

    2 points about the bloggie mother/kid photo:

    1. That laptop is as olde as the hills yo.
    2. That kid has a foul mouthed brain on her.

    I'm glad you have access to Diet Pepsi to get you through the planning.

    Good Luck! You'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah that kid is probably me and i'm pretty sure that laptop is from 1999

    ReplyDelete