Today we learned how to make jack-o-lanterns out of oranges (gotta be creative up north!) Apparently if you dry them they fossilize and look awesome.
Also, I was able to steal some muffins and shampoo samples to take up with me:
For the record, my boss was there and encouraged my petty theft so it's all good. Also I got a fancy certificate and a nice mug from legit sources...
Not pictured, is the fact that I also had a six piece Mcnugget meal with fries AND sweet and sour sauce for the last time! (for a long time at least) I may have shed a single tear while I ate the last bite, but no one can know for sure. I am also streamlining as much diet pepsi as is humanly possible until I get on that plane tomorrow in hopes that my body will hold onto it so I don't go through wild caffeine withdrawal.
On an unrelated note, I was talking to some people today who have lived up in the community and apparently there are packs of wild dogs that have specific territories and sometimes get into fights and kill each other (and maybe me too if i get too close, which I will not). So...looking forward to that..But! apparently there are puppies coming out the wazoo up there and people often foster them for a year and then can leave them up there when they leave. So I'm not saying I'm gonna have a puppy....but if you have met me before...
I am going to have one last sub tonight as well and watch some American Chopper. I fly out tomorrow at 3pm with all my new friends and I am so excited to see my house. I sent up all my cargo today so hopefully it doesn't get lost or delayed or I will have no clothes :P
Miigwetch!! (that means thank you in Oji Cree I believe. See, now we're all learning :P)
No fast food there, OMG !! And no pop, holy crap, how will you survive? I love that you are blogging, so much fun to read.
ReplyDeleteTalk soon,
Kimmy
I know right! I'm totally screwed. And thank you, I try to amuse..
ReplyDeleteLove the petty theft with encouragement.
ReplyDeleteYou will absolutely save a puppy from wild dogs and then try to smuggle it home.
Miss you!
Love Mom.