You: Hey Karen, what are you doing tonight?
Karen: Not much, just drinking mocktails and playing Radio Bingo.
You: Radio waaahhh??
Karen: Radio Bingo. It's where they call Bingo...over the radio.
You: But.......why?
Karen: People don't want to leave their houses? Or set up tables in the gym? They really like the radio?
You: Makes sense..I guess. What can you win?
Karen: $1000.
You: Really?
Karen: Yes.
You: REALLY?!
Karen: Yes!
You:..............Can I borrow $1000?
Karen: *walks away from the conversation*
Since we just had that conversation you are well aware of my rockin' friday night plans. As you can imagine when I was invited to radio bingo/mocktails night I skipped my way excitedly down to the radio station (fell in a pothole on the way...well actually that's not true THIS time but I do fall SO much here!) and got my cards. Apparently it starts at 10pm and takes an excruciatingly long time to finish up (or so I have heard) but I am looking forward to the gathering nonetheless.
Today I had my students working on laptops in the classroom writing cover letters and UNFORTUNATELY for me, the school has an open wireless signal. So needless to say there was a whole lot a facebookin' going on. Also, when I opened one of the computers (which are used by many students at various times) the first two things in the history when I started typing the letter 'B' were: "Big Boobs" and "Big bucket sex position". I don't even know what that is? Do you?
*Intermission while Karen Googles it, please hum A Whole New World from Aladdin whilst you wait*
Alright, so since I'm not a Librarian (shout out to the Librarians, what what!) I couldn't find a 'big bucket sex position.' What I will assume, until further notice (or upon correction by one of my readers) is that one uses the 'big bucket' as a prop to contort in various ways? Or you just get in the big bucket? Gotta give it to the teens up here for being creative with limited resources :)
I must leave you for now with that snippet of my day so I can go make cookies, so my neighbour will let me in to play Radio Bingo :P
Oh Karen! Welcome to radio bingo! My family in Nova Scotia plays it all the time!
ReplyDeleteI do too when I'm home!
Interesting about the big bucket! I was thinking more along the lines of Big bucket= Big Butt? Who knows.
Hope everything is awesome! I'm loving your blog.
Haha thanks, the radio bingo was fun except it started 5 hours later then they said it would...that's webequie for ya though :P
ReplyDelete