Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The sun brings out the teachers!...and the pups

Today I was woken up by a pack of dogs running around my house attacking each other at 6:30am. They quieted down in about 25 mins I went back to sleep. After a brief encounter with a shower spider (he met his maker! orr i drowned him..either way) I was off to work. I spent the morning working on some planning for class, then finished setting up my classroom. It looks pretty and colourful with lots of posters. I also got a PO Box and a phone number today, so I am not totally cut off anymore :) I had a run in with an overhead marker this morning..needless to say it won :(



Overhead Marker: 1 Karen: 0

It's like 15 degrees and sunny today here which is a huge change from grey, windy and cold. After school I spent some time outside with some kids and the other teachers by the water. An adorable little boy made it his mission to find me rocks, so now I have a centerpiece on my table:



Today I heard stories of the Big Trout Lake "Monster" which is an extraordinarily ugly looking thing that washed up on the shore in a community near here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ontario/big-trout-lake-monster-sparks-internet-debate/article1576748

Definitely check out the link for the pic, it's hella ugly.

Also, apparently Halloween is a HUGE deal here and i need to think of an awesome and creative costume because the top prize is money and last year was $5000! I sure as hell could use that! Put your amazing ideas in the comment section!

And now for some more pictures:




href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjA_Lis5VqTySXMMu-kVVOc2nz1JsSMQ0oLW06Ja66kT5pc0daEo4iROBwuMaku73QKkrQVK73_YaHGmHBMNp4XtJTQ25GkTIDDG6O4qkw0ZKM0zxy999GAJMaEtt1Ri9NtQk4sygKeX3LL/s1600/sept9+005.JPG">

Although that dog above looks like a scary wolf, he is the sweetest dog ever and sits outside my house sometimes, I can only assume, to protect me from the kids :P

2 comments:

  1. I like your centerpiece, those are some nice rocks.

    That lake monster is horrifying, I would NEver go in that water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the link but there was no pic :-(

    ReplyDelete