Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cotton Candy skies and Couscous

Well folks that's another weekend rounded off. Today I did a lot of planning, as is my now routine sunday and I should be pretty good for this coming week. We all went to another teacher's house for a potluck dinner with our community guests that are leaving tomorrow and that was nice.

I made roasted potatoes and jello. We also had roast beef, couscous, hummus, glazed carrots, macaroni and cheese, homemade bread and apple crumble and muffins for dessert. It's amazing how much you can appreciate a random mash up of food up here when you don't have to cook it all!

There was cotton candy skies at sunset today, so I thought I'd share:



Looks good enough to eat at a carnival!

My wonderful roommate for the week also did all my personal nasty dishes for me this morning, so that was a most excellent surprise. As of about 30 minutes from now, it is only FIVE days till I come home for the weekend...which means I only have FOUR days of work this week! Woo! I also get paid on Thursday so it's gonna be a good day! I might even consider paying off my rogers bill I've had since last April...if they're lucky...

I think that's all the excitement i've got for ya today..it's been a slow day in Webequie (I think that should be on the sign when you enter the town)

No comments:

Post a Comment