Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Monday, September 20, 2010

What is your dream job?

On Friday I asked my grade 10's to respond to the question "What is your dream job?" in their response journals where they are allowed to express themselves in any way they wish. I wanted to share with you my favourite:



Gave me a good laugh!

Moving on..today was another good day. I even did some successful group work which shocked the hell outta me because they will almost never cooperate with that! Another teacher came in to visit during my grade 12 class and even he commented on how well it was going :D

Once again we were supposed to have meet the board/parents this evening but once again...wait for it...it was cancelled. Life is pretty much just cancelled up here all the time. But I think i'm starting to like it!

The leaves are already half changed up here...looks pretty. (Yeah, I'm talking about the weather on my blog...you're the one reading it lol)



Now it's time for din dins and more planning. Yesterday I planned THE WHOLE WEEK of lessons for my grade 9 class and the culminating task for the unit as well. I am pretty proud of that :D

4 comments:

  1. Amazing drawings, just goes to show that teenage boys are the same everywhere.
    Kudos for planning your week!
    Double kudos for being an excellent teacher who engages difficult teens and is actually noticed...That's my girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Interesting dream job !! LOL
    If anyone can get the kids to do some learnin' it is you Karen, GOOD JOB !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just failed english as your comment to the journal entry says "thanks for to diagram in case I was confused."

    Maybe next time you will focus on marking instead of being on facebook! (check laptop screen in the picture)

    ReplyDelete