Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I can canoe, can you? (well..I sorta can)

Today we spent the afternoon canoeing and it was a lot of fun. The kids are totally different outside of the classroom, they really opened up and I was able to get to know them better.

We canoed from the bank near my house, around the island, towards what is known as Bullshit Creek...not sure why but that's what everyone calls it. I sat in the middle of the canoe on the floor while two of the kids rowed us around...they were awesome. I took tons of pictures but here's a few to give you the idea..


The Canoers Themselves (minus me, because I took it)


In Action...

I think I got pretty sunburned on my face, it didn't occur to me that being in the middle of a lake all afternoon in the sun might be an issue for me. The kids just laughed at me and said they'd get slightly darker.

Tonight is Grey's Anatomy night (woo!) so I am going to watch it with some of the other girls. Tomorrow I am running cover letter writing workshops in class because the mining company up here gives away scholarships to the high school students...so I am going to get all my students to apply.

Now I need to get me some dinner and gear up for my show!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's kinda like Dawson's Creek??? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letter writing workshop? Make sure to (a) tell them how long it takes mail to reach the real world; and (b) show them my letter when it arrives. Actually, scratch that idea. They might burn you alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah after reading that letter Brendo, i think not lol..

    And yes, I think I may have seen a wimpy lookin blonde kid staring off of the dock and crying...could have been a mirage though :)

    ReplyDelete