Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever

Something that amazes me, is how it can take teenagers SO long to do something. Like for example today I assigned an acrostic poem to my grade 9s. That's the type where you spell a word down the side of the page and write about that theme...

Karen is super awesome.
Always writes stupendous blogs.
Reallllllly funny. Yup.
Everyone loves to read her examples of poetry.
Not only will you read this, but you'll be back again tomorrow!

Anyways, they worked on it for 30 minutes yesterday and then needed another 50 minutes today. And still only FOUR of them handed it in. FOUR! What the hell? Seriously! So hopefully they will hand it in tomorrow. If I assign it for homework, they won't do it (homework doesn't happen up here) so I figure if I want any of them to pass I have to give them class time.

In other news...I have started eating strawberries! You are probably thinking "Mmm strawberries" but I have never liked them, I find them far too tart. Anyways, a lady who is a guest of the education authority is staying with me and she brought strawberries. She gave me some to eat and because my body is starved for nutrients (because I eat chicken fingers and pasta everyday) I totally ate them! Things up here are changing me already. I also take vitamins, so don't worry about scurvy :)

Last night the elderly ladies knocked on my door again "YOU WANNA SEE CRAFTS?!" and since I said no last time having no cash last time, I didn't want to disappoint this time. They had some really beautiful homemade stuff, one of which I bought for a family member so I can't share yet what it is! At least now the craft lady is on my good side.

I went shopping again today, and i thought it might amuse you to know some more prices at the store..since it still amazes me EVERY TIME:

-Spool of thread $6.45
-Box of mini wheats $9.50
-24 rolls of toilet paper $15.99
-3 stuffed chicken breasts $14.99
-tub of margarine $7.45

BUT! They had tubs of Gatorade powder mix on for $1, and while I don't often drink Gatorade, I still bought it because it was $1 and nothing ever is!

I think that's all the awesomeness I can muster for one evening.

'Til tomorrow Bloggies

2 comments:

  1. LMAO !!! Oh, God Karen, Uncle Mike and I read this and could so hear your thoughts. We were laughing so hard. We look forward to your posts every night. Thanks for the entertainment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, so glad you guys are enjoying it, thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete