Stuck in the Middle (East) with You

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Success!

Laughing! Answers! Asking questions! Handing stuff in!

Yes, today was a better day. I told the grade 10 students that I would let them out 15 minutes early if they listened and responded and it worked! We did a speech study on Martin Luther King and they were really into it, and then even worked relatively well on their own writing.

Grade 12's were awesome as usual and some even stayed for homeroom to catch up.

The grade 9's decided to be the disaster today, I think they conference and take turns. As i was trying to get an answer from them and they were just staring at me, i pulled out my: If you don't want to be here and you don't care to learn, then leave!

That didn't get much of a reaction, so i just stopped the lesson, gave out the handout and went and sat at my desk. Most of them did eventually start doing the work. I guess I have decided that I can go in prepared each day and they can make a choice whether or not they want to learn, there isn't much more I can do.

Anyways, I took some pictures of my classroom so SOMEONE can appreciate my decorating!





Now onto more planning for tomorrow. Good thing they pay me pretty good, i literally just work and sleep up here!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for communication with students!

    Sounds like you're doing all the right things, Miss Lake.

    Maybe you won't have to do Sidney Poitier after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a Native drawing, or a Picasso?

    ReplyDelete