Back to the beginning of the story for now...my kind friend drove me to the airport cause he's awesome (woo! Junaid!) and I got in and realized I had no freakin' clue what I was doing. So I wandered back and forth for a bit, then waited in line for 20 mins, then got to the counter where she told me I was at the departure counter for US flights..*sigh*
I eventually found the right counter, checked my baggage (it all fit the restrictions..woot!) and then made my way down to security. After finding my way through there and having my clothes in my carry on (including bras and underwear) bomb sniffed and rooted through by an old man, I was on my way.
Although I had rolling luggage, I still used the moving sidewalk. No walking like a sucka for Karen!
Next I found my way to the Tim Horton's WHERE THEY HAD DEBIT (genius!) and got myself a delicious Tim's dinner.
After that I played on facebook (free wireless at Pearson now, yes, yes!) and watched them fiddle with the plane out the window.
Shortly after that they called boarding and I got myself a sweet window seat with no one beside me. This was good because of all the lame pics I took on the plane...
Not pictured: I bought some twizzlers on the plane, enjoyed some free pop and (did not) enjoy the free bits n' bites because I discovered there is not one item in bits n' bites i actually like. Other than that...good flight! I watched the new episode of Kate Plus 8 where they went to NYC..I wanna go there.
Anyways, I grabbed my bags, got the shuttle and checked into the hotel. I met a fellow teacher down in the lobby so I already have a friend (sort of)...yay :P
My room has a sweet flatscreen:
AND looks out onto the pool deck/waterslide. I cannot wait to waterslide all my worries away :)
As a last note, in case anyone was worried about my health and safety in this hotel it is 110% Clean GUARANTEED! See evidence below..
Off to bed for me now..I have a big day of...sitting around? I assume they'll teach me something?
sounds like a very busy day was had by you !! Glad you are safe and sound in Thunda Bay !!
ReplyDeleteYour room looks great and flight report was very entertaining.
ReplyDeleteJust like your Momma, wandering aimlessly in the airport & standing in wrong lines.
Can't wait to hear about today!
yay! I'm glad you made it, and that your hotel is plenty fancy, I love that they gave you a room overlooking the waterslide, it's like they knew you!
ReplyDeleteNo worries, Pearson is notoriously confusing, you're not alone in getting lost.
You don't like one thing in bit n' bites, really? Not even the Shreddies?
Yay for making a sorta friend...have a great training day and enjoy the waterslide!
Rock the T-Bay..peace out from MTL!
So Glad you made it safe!! I love your hotel room and am very sad I do not have waterslides outside of my room :(
ReplyDeleteI really love your picture in the teeny tiny washroom on the plane!
Enjoy your training!
Thanks all, I am going to test out the waterslide tonight for shizzle!
ReplyDeleteHaha I was wondering if anyone would catch that i was in the washroom there on the plane. Like...mile high club..really people? I could barely fit just my ass in there!
Also lucky for me thunder bay airport is the size of the toronto greyhound bus station and apparently I will just be landing on some dirt in Webequie lol..