Today's Webequirk: BUGS!
I was warned about the bugs, but honestly, no one could have prepared me for what I would find here. It is worse than any camping trip I have ever been on and I actually spend most of my time indoors here right now. I am covered in mosquito and black fly bites. It has gotten to the point where I don't even want to walk my dog on the trail out to the North Point of the island which she loves so much, because I don't want to get eaten alive. I have bug spray, I wear pants and long sleeves and hoods...but somehow they find their way in.
Bees have also been a recent issue (which my friends can attest to) as they have been flying into my house. One flew in yesterday on two separate occasions and naturally, I went "EEEEEEPPPPPPP!" and ran away. I have been stung by a bee and it actually wasn't that bad. Still, something about it terrifies me.
I will not miss this Webequirk and neither will Muffin. She has little red bites all over her belly, poor thing. You know the worst part? They don't sell calamine lotion here. What a cruel joke! I have to go now...I have some mosquito bites that need some serious scratching.
My poor bug bitten baby!
ReplyDelete